Monday, October 18, 2010

Update: I Survived the Fair...Food

I ventured to the State Fair yesterday and I didn't make myself sick eating deep fried nastiness/goodness (depending on your point of view.)

I did not try a Krispy Kreme hamburger. Nor did I try a kool-aid pickle. I was tempted to try whatever they were selling at the Wisconsin Cheese Stand. (I really have no idea what it was. Was it just a block of cheddar? Was it cheese sticks? Cheese straws? It didn't say anywhere!) But the line was way too long to find out.

What I did have was an ear of corn and some homemade hushpuppies. The hushpuppies were delish. I got to see the grind the corn and fry them right in front of me. Plus, it was the best deal at the fair! I got a HUGE serving for only $4. So the three of us shared and it was just the right amount.

As seen at one stand:
No, just because it says "fresh" and "veggies" and the chef is a "Dr." does not make it healthy! ;)

If anyone DID try one of the deep fried monstrosities and lived to tell about, please share! Was it good???? Did it make you rush to the port-o-john?

No comments:

Post a Comment