Monday, October 11, 2010

Find A Buddy

No, not My Buddy. That doll always gave me the creeps.

But if you are looking to start an exercise program, or you need inspiration to keep one going, try to find a buddy for at least some of your workouts.

You could:
  • Join up with a co-worker and take walks at lunch or workout after work (how many different ways can I use "work" in one sentence?)
  • Find a local meet up group for an activity you like
  • Get active with your significant other or family member. Many gyms/health clubs have family memberships which are a discount over the individual rate.
  • Force a pet to help you. Take your dog for a jog or walk around the neighborhood or play in the back yard. Or, simply run back and forth down the hallway and have them chase you. ;)
Yesterday Sir Cakewalk and I ran together. We actually ran the whole way together. It was one of the best runs I've ever done. We got to chat along the way and both of us felt good. I know he coulda been faster, but since distance was more important anyway, it worked out. Now I really look forward to our long, slow runs together.

During the work week I take a lunch time weight/strength training class with co-workers. It works out well because it forces me to go even when I really wanna eat lunch or curl up under my desk and nap.

Accountability and camaraderie can go a long way!


(If I had a fun pic of us running together, I would insert it here. But alas! I do not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment