Check out this recipe from the American Dietetic Association!
You will need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of splenda)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans (or drained and rinsed canned black beans)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (if you don't have whole wheat flour just use 1/2 cup of all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and stirred
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x9 inch pan with spray.
- Combine the sugar, egg, beans in a food processor until smooth like a criminal.
- Transfer beaniness mixture to a mixing bowl. Stir in the flour, butter and chocolate. Mix until smoother than a criminal. Add the vanilla, chocolate chips and stir again. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake about 25 minutes. Middle should be jiggly and wet when removed from the oven.
- Cool. Don't touch.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition breakdown per serving:
- 230 calories
- 10 g fat
- 34 g carbs
- 2 g fiber
- 3 g protein