Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vacation = Running + Fruit ??? Only For A Nutritionist

In two days I get to go to Disney World. Yay!

I'll have 2.5 days by myself to do as I please (Sir Cakewalk will be in trainings/meetings.)

So what do I plan to do???

I plan to run at least twice. I have to do my long run on Saturday and will probably do a short run as well. I have already downloaded maps of running trails.


I also plan to take advantage of the gym/spa. I'll probably do a light workout and then steam it up or go hot tubbin. I might also get a massage or some other fancy treatment. Although I have to wonder....will Pluto be my massage therapist? I don't think I can handle having a Disney character seeing me partially in the nude.

I'm kinda sad we are missing the Disney Marathon by a week. I love watching marathons. If you haven't seen one, you should. Very inspirational.

I'm not going to be a total fitness dork. I also plan to walk around Epcot, maybe ride some rides, etc. And I'll get to visit the parks with Cakewalk when he is out of meetings.

So the only other question is what to pack. Amongst all of the clothing decisions, I have one other decision to make. Will I bring some of my own food?

I know, right now you think I'm crazy and you may even right off this blog as the ramblings of a truly deranged nutrition obsesser. But, this is something to consider when planning a trip. It's hard enough to eat well at home, let alone when you are in a strange place with no kitchen and trying not to spend an arm and a leg.

While Cakewalk gets all his meals covered, I will be on my own for breakfast and lunch. I'm sure I can meander around Disney (especially Epcot) and find a decent lunch (although I'm sure it'll cost $$$.) But for breakfast I'm not so sure. I typically hate room service. And I don't like to eat a lot in the morning anyway. But it IS the most important meal of the day. So I was considering bringing some apples, bananas, and maybe some cereal that can be eaten dry as well as some snacks. Is that too crazy???

Hopefully I just don't get in trouble for taking an apple on a plane!


No comments:

Post a Comment