Monday, January 11, 2010

Nothing Says "Good Mornin Sunshine!" Like A Hot, Steamy....

....bowl of oatmeal or hot cereal.

Most of us know oatmeal is good for us. But not all oatmeal/hot cereal is created equal. Many are packed with extra sugar and calories and minimal fiber or protein. So I did an inspection of the options while at Trader Joe's this weekend.

And I found a new product I love!

It's Trader Joe's Cranberry Hot Cereal (it has other grains besides just oats, hence the name.) It comes in individual packets, making it easy to take to work. It's instant, but doesn't turn too mushy like some instant oatmeals. And the cranberries add an extra zing of flavor. I may even add in a sprinkle of my own berries, just to beef it up a little more.

But best of all, it's really good for me! One packet has 160 calories, 6 grams of fiber and some protein as well.

For breakfast this morning I had a bowl of this cereal and about a cup of fresh pineapple I chopped up last night. Very filling and super tasty!

What is your favorite Trader Joe's product?

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?

3 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome. I may go look for that sometime this week. My fave TJ product... probably the chocolate sandwich cookies with the peppermint filling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of peppermint and TJ's...did you try their peppermint bark chocolate bars? They only had them for a short period of time before Christmas.

    I bought a couple and put them in the freezer. Then when I need a bite of something sweet I break off a piece. Since it's frozen it takes longer to eat it and I don't need as much to satisfy my sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amendment to the post: The hot cereal does get mushy and taste kinda burnt if you overcook it. So don't put it in the microwave and walk down to talk to someone in another office. Oooops!

    ReplyDelete