Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Food Club

I would love to start a cooking/eating club (once our fancy new kitchen is complete.)

My idea would be to have one dinner at a member's house once a month, with a different member hosting each month. That person could cook something based on the vegetable of the month, or a new recipe they want to try, or a recipe they love to make and want to share. I think it would be fun if some people helped to make the meal and take some of the duties off of the host...making it a more hands-on activity.

The group would be different somehow than just a group getting together to eat....although that is always a nice thing. Maybe by adding a nutritional or experimental element. Or maybe by making it kinda like a book club and having the group do a little research ahead of time on the main dish or some highlighted item.

I think it would be a great way to learn about new foods, try new things and recipes that you might not otherwise try, and have fun with others.

Is anyone doing anything like this now?

Anyone have any other ideas on how to make the group unique and interesting?

Does anyone in the Raleigh/Cary/Durham area want to start one with me?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very interesting! I tried it once but it never really took off. I guess you could pick a style each month.

    ReplyDelete