Friday, February 11, 2011

I Challenge You To Complete A Komen 5K

119 Days
2866 Hours
171998 Minutes


Do you have a weight loss goal?
Have you always wanted to complete a 5K?
Do you want to get in better shape?
Do you want to do something good for yourself AND for others?

Then, I challenge YOU to run/walk the Komen 5K. For those of you in the Raleigh area, this year's race is on June 11th. If you do not live near Raleigh, don't fret, there are Komen races all over the country!

If you have never done a race before, this is the one for you!

Not only is it for a great cause (fighting breast cancer and supporting/celebrating breast cancer survivors), but it is fun, exciting and NOT AT ALL INTIMIDATING.
Every year, I have seen thousands of people of all shapes, sizes, abilities, colors, genders, and ages gather together and walk or run 3.1 miles together.

This year, it's your turn to join us.

If you are looking for a training plan, I recommend this one or this one.

I promise, you are not too out of shape, old, or overweight to do this. You can do this. And in doing it, you will probably find other rewards along the way.

Sign up today. It's a small price to pay for your health and achieving a goal.

Running was not always easy for me. In fact, it's still hard sometimes. I'm not fast. In fact, I'm pretty dang slow by the standards of the running community. But I'm now stronger and healthier than I've ever been. And I cannot explain the feeling of community and personal achievement I experience every time I run a race...especially this one.

I can do it and you can do it.
What do you have to lose except your gut and 20 bucks?

If you are in the Raleigh area, I will even do it with you if you want a running/walking partner.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna do it, and I'd love a running/walking partner. I need to start training though!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! You have more than enough time to train without pushing yourself too hard. Keep your goal in mind, but remember that it's the process that's important.

    I'd love to join you for a run/walk any time!

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete