Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Turkey Day Menus


What are you having for Thanksgiving dinner?

This year I won't be cooking like last year. I'll be with some of my family who don't exactly share my proclivity for homemade, local, and healthy food. (Not that I think holiday meals should be healthy, necessarily.) And my Dad still doesn't understand that being a vegetarian means I don't eat ham OR turkey. Silly Dad. ;)



It's not that I need anything special for holiday meals. I don't need a tofurkey or some elaborate vegetable assortment. And I may even eat a little meat if I'm so inspired. But really, I just need GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE and a few decent side items. I mean, we all have those one or two things we HAVE to have on Turkey Day, right? (What your must-have item?)

YUMMMMMMM

This year, Sir Cakewalk is making Greek Celebration Bread and my Dad has invited me to make a dish as well. So I am on the hunt for a tasty, indulgent, but vegetable-centered dish.

Suggestions???

A co-worker recommended a cauliflower casserole of some sort.

I'm gonna do some hunting but would love suggestions for recipes that fit my criteria but also are not too hoity toity and will please the average American (aka my family including two teenage siblings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment