Friday, June 11, 2010

Race for the Cure

Tomorrow I run my 4th Race For the Cure 5k.

I love running this race. Not because I love to run. And not because you get a t-shirt and a bunch of free stuff.

I love this race because I know it stands for something. I love the energy, emotion, excitement, sentiment, momentum, and sense of community it brings about.

I do have my own personal goals for the race. I'm trying for an adulthood PR. (I don't count my 5k PR from high school when I ran the first mile so fast my arms went numb and then had to limp to the finish....but still managed to set a personal best....so not good practice. ;) )

But even if I don't meet or beat my goal, I'll be happy just for being a part of this event.

And this year I have my fiance, my mom, my sister and a close friend coming with me. I'm soooo lucky!!!!

Do you have an athletic event that means a lot to you?
Have you run/walked a 5k before?
If not, there still may be time to register for a 2010 Race for the Cure in your area.



Me at the 2008 Race for the Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment